Sunday, September 5, 2010

Closer to the end of Career One. The Next Chapter.

So we are in the middle of the big move.  Dee goes on before me to our next dwelling and I remain until I am released to go on Permissive TDY and terminal leave.  We have gone full circle and are returning home.  Our belongings have already been picked up and I am in my temporary dwelling until I clear.  

So now I reflect on 22+ years of service, both with pride and trepidation.  Passing from soldier to retired veteran, still being a part of something but not what I was.  Trying to figure out what I will identify with when all is said and done. 

Passing are the ways of the Soldier Warrior, coming are the days of the Warrior Sage.

So then I prepare to begin again starting over in a way but not.  I have what my career has given me which was more than I came with when I joined.  

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more, Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destiny has not been fulfilled for you Grasshappa. LOL, I am sure that wherever the blazing wind of time and space move you in this eternal race, that the wings you have will not be broken, and into the future you will soar, doing great things, and being exactly who and what you are meant to be.
    Like a beacon of hope to those about them. A warrior of light embraces and celebrated the changing of seasons, even if they are uncertain of their futures destination.

    ReplyDelete