Friday, October 15, 2010

Dawn of a New Day, New Life, New Chapter

I am excited to be going home, being retired, and starting a new life chapter with Dee.  
Of course at the same time it is a lot of change we are talking about and still much to do once I get home.

I will miss the people I work with and the life, but I am moving on to a new life.  

Yesterday I went through my final out process with my transition counselor.  She gave me my DD214, a pin that says Retired US Army, and my American Flag traditionally folded and in a box.  On the box for both the pin and flag it says, " I was a Soldier, I am a Soldier, I will always be a Soldier".  That is a true enough statement because the Soldier never really leaves you once you have lived that life.


I am joining the ranks of the Retired American Veteran, also something to be proud of.  It is hard to realize it is finally here.  

Forgive me if I go on about this too much but this is a whole change of life style I am heading toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment