Monday, March 28, 2011

Seeking Depth

1 January 2011 to 28 March 2011, that is how long I have been out of the Army.  77 days ago I spent my first official day as a civilian for over 22 plus years.  Today I started my second quarter of college.  I am glad to be back in Washington although in some ways it seems foreign to me.  I've been like a refugee for the whole time being moved every 2 to 3 yrs over the last 22yrs 7mos and 8days.  you kind of get to a point in which you no longer feel like you belong in a place or that you have a place to belong.  So far day one of quarter two is not too bad.  In my English class we are reading a book that brings back a lot of my memories from 1990 and 1991 which is a little disturbing to me in some ways.  More Later.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the other day that if I went back to Walla Walla it would feel foreign to me. It's just been so long since I was there, and the woman I am now really doesn't look like the girl I was at all.

    Sorry about the reoccuring memories. That can really suck.

    ReplyDelete