Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stop, Look, Listen, Smell the Aroma

I'm trying to learn to slow down and enjoy those things around me I have had so little time to experience in a joyful manner.  The sound from brass wind chimes on the porch where I am staying.  The feel, sound and smell of the heavy rain we had today in central Texas.  Listening to some of the music I love.  So much in the past few years has been filled with constant "go go go".  Some people will never understand those simple things, and times.  That is why I am returning to a small town in Washington hopefully to a more simple mind set.  Yes I will be going to school and working but without that to do I would go nuts, not to mention I couldn't pay my bills.  But to be able to walk the main street from one end of town to the other with no problem or great expense of time.  This is what I hope for.  I'm looking for some balance in my life and some healing for my spirit and soul.  I've allowed myself to become very callus, both in my heart and mind, as my defence to protect me from "things that are required".  I know I've been strengthened by my life so far but also weakened in some ways.

No one is indestructible, and the ones who think they are usually are trying to self destruct.

Just more self reflection to be done.

2 comments:

  1. What will you be studying in school, Art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be going back for my Civil Engineering Technitions degree.

    ReplyDelete