Sunday, October 11, 2015

Going Mild , but Going Wild.

Well once again it has been a while since my last contribution to this blog.
  
I'm not really certain where I'm going with my "Beyond the Greyzone" blog these days, but I do plan on doing more here from this point on.

As my title for this edition implies I'm not going to push any one subject I'm going to just ramble on for a while.

The weather is getting colder and the year 2015 is heading toward its close.  Its October already and for me it hasn't been the year I had planned.  I should not be surprised about that because you can make all the plans you want then life just seems to happen and usually changes those plans.  
I don't know if I have said anything about this in this forum but I think I retired from the Army at the right time.  When I first retired I thought I had made a very grievous error, but the trends I am seeing and events unfolding I know I was correct in changing that chapter of my life.
I will always be a Soldier in some sense or another it is always in your blood once you have been one especially as long as I was one.

Living through my near death experience in November of 2014, I think I have gained an even clearer perspective on life and things than I gained from the Army life.  But I must say I do not feel I would have survived the experience if it were not for my life experiences in the Army.  The Army while on occasion almost took my life also gave me life in so many ways.

Life is a forge that tempers the steel of a person.  If the experiences and events that occur are accepted in the right way they can build you into something better.  Wallowing in self pity ("oh I'm such a victim, pity me pity me"), is sad weak and counter productive. Don't get me wrong I have had my moments in which I felt self pity, but I go beyond those things day by day.
I have said, (and I'm pretty sure I am not the first to say it), that evolution is simply ones ability to adapt to their life as it is.  When change occurs if you cannot adapt to that change you will die in one sense or another.

I don't like pointless, endless debates over a subject.  Sure there are times in which something is important enough that discussion is required to determine the correct course of action.  Actions require consideration of consequences, for every action or act has consequences.  Sometimes it is unforeseeable what those consequences are, but other times they are very obvious.  I do not like to go headlong into something without first doing an analysis of the situation and potential outcome.  Of course there are times in which action is required without thinking or much thought, but It has to be a potentially life threatening situation to justify immediate action.
  
I have opinions about a lot of things, many of which are not popular or are controversial.  I like to have my opinion and speak it, but not necessarily discuss it to death with endless debate or argument.  
I know people who just have to disagree with you just to do so and are not happy until they have debated with you to the point of frustration.  I particularly have problems with those who think they are always right and the only ones who are right.  
Some might say I could fall into that category because I usually do feel I am correct, but if I fall into the company of a profound "I'm never wrong" debater I usually let it drop because there is never a winning situation with those people.  I don't have enough time or patience for that.

That leads me to this point of conclusion, I could go on and on but I have to stop somewhere.

What I will say to conclude this is that freedom comes at a price usually paid in blood.  There are people and groups of people who daily seek to take any or all of our freedoms away from us. They seek to make us slaves to their way of life and thinking by taking away the tools with which we keep that freedom. 

Don't be naive, or bury your heads in the sand.  We as a country have a Constitution for a reason and anyone, foreign or domestic who tries to change, do away with, or adopt something other than that Constitution, they are the enemy.  Don't forget that the President, Congress, Senate, the House of Representatives anyone who works in government, works for "We the People".

Enough Said.    

  
   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Art. We the people have been sold out. I am comforted to know you and many others understand this. Thanks again for your service. remain ever vigilant. god bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian I only hope the rest of the country wakes up before its too late.

      Delete